UtilityAPI is a mission-driven software company fighting climate change by providing data access services for the clean energy transition.
UtilityAPI’s product suite makes it easy for utility customers to access and share the data needed to deploy clean energy. Our automated software service reliably shortens sales cycles, lowers customer acquisition costs, accelerates the adoption of clean technology - all of which lower GHG emissions. In short, we are making software to fight climate change.
We raised a Series A in 2022 and are excited to be investing in our growth this year. We are a company committed to advancing equity in the clean energy sector, and building a team that looks like America. Our CEO founded the Empowering Diverse Climate Talent (EDICT) program and our leadership team reflects a broad range of experiences, identities, and backgrounds.
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented and underestimated in tech. We look forward to reviewing all applications from any interested candidate, even if you do not meet all the listed requirements. UtilityAPI is committed to an inclusive workplace that values non-traditional work histories.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Sales professional to support the expansion of UtilityAPI’s utility business. The right candidate will bring a strong network and knowledge of the clean energy transition, leveraging those skills to develop partnerships with utilities, innovative climate tech companies, and other stakeholders to lead the adoption of our industry-leading data access tools. You must understand the rapid innovations that are taking place in our industry and be equipped to create and execute strategies to cement our position as critical data infrastructure for the energy transition. Reporting to the Vice President, Sales & Strategic Partnerships, this highly strategic role involves working with entrenched incumbents and the newest, most innovative thinkers in our space. UtilityAPI is the place to be if you want to grow in a fast-paced start-up at the cusp of Energy and Technology.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage your network and market knowledge to grow UtilityAPI’s customer base by generating, nurturing and closing deals across North America, specifically focused on utilities, states, governments and community choice aggregators.
- Contribute to the continued development of the opportunity pipeline that strategically looks beyond the status quo and current fiscal year to increase both near and long term deal flow.
- Develop and deliver impactful in person and remote pitches, which have clearly defined value proposition and show an in-depth understanding of how we meet stakeholder needs.
- Develop a repeatable sales strategy for expanding access to UtilityAPI’s core products and partnerships programs in key markets.
- Lead complex sales negotiations to ensure win-win outcomes.
- Educate new markets and work with our Customer Solutions, Market Development, Product, and Engineering teams to provide industry insights, market intelligence and align messages and leverage opportunities.
What We’re Looking For
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing sales strategies in climate tech or utilities.
- Strong network in the energy sector.
- Comfortable working with a remote team.
- Ability to communicate and understand high level software and program capabilities, identify where mutual value is created, when requirement gaps exist, and how partners could add value.
- Comfortable presenting to large stakeholder groups.
Nice, Though Not Required
- Experience with software sales
- Base salary $140-$160k
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance:
- Medical premium covered at 99% for employee, 75% for dependents
- Dental premium covered at 100% for employee, 75% for dependents
- Vision premium covered at 90% for employee, 50% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- 401k with 3% employer match for up to 6% of employee salary
- Home office setup stipend upon joining the team (up to $600)
- Extra Mile Benefit: Travel one time annually to any city in the US where another employee lives, UtilityAPI pays for airfare, a night of lodging, and a meal to share with a coworker
UtilityAPI is a fully remote company. We work from anywhere within the United States and typically during the hours of 9:00-5:00 no matter the timezone. This is also flexible, as we trust our teammates to self-define their schedules in order to get the job done in a way that works best for them.
At this time, we are hiring candidates who reside in the United States and are either a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or the holder of a non-expiring visa that doesn't require sponsorship.