Qcells Enable is a premier EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) solar partner with heritage dating back to the origins of our modern solar industry. Our passionate mission is to provide world-class, turnkey solar solutions, through design and installation of large-scale PV and ESS systems, to accelerate decarbonization for a clean, sustainable future. Our clients and partners, are focused in C&I space across North America.
The Senior Storage Engineer will serve as the subject matter expert for both the Preconstruction and Project Engineering teams. The ideal candidate will have an expert level of knowledge on the modeling, design, construction, and commissioning for standalone BESS as well as PV + BESS systems. The Sr. Storage Engineer will be responsible for leading the preliminary design process and working with drafting and estimating teams to put together bid packages and scopes of work and navigating utility and regulatory programs to ensure accurate proposals.
The Sr. Storage Engineer will also assist the project engineering team with permitting issues, SCADA design, and commissioning of BESS systems. This position is located in NYC or Teaneck, NJ. The ideal candidate will be within commutable distance of this location.
Compensation: $115,000 - $135,000 (based on experience) + Bonus
- Responsible for leading and coordinating all technical aspects of energy storage projects including; single line and three-line drawings, plan and elevation drawings, general arrangement and site layout, relay protection and control requirements, grounding systems
- Supporting equipment sourcing efforts, value engineering, planning & tracking project design reviews, quality control/quality assurance, and contractor management.
- Provide oversight and reviews of deliverables in the proposal/bid phase including: conceptual design engineering and BOM, preparing proposal technical specifications; develop assumptions, clarifications, and exceptions, Sourcing for vendor quotations
- Single point of contact for technical issues for designers and project managers.
- Work with estimating team to provide initial budgets for installation
- Develop SoWs for bidding full scope of energy storage installations to subcontractors
- Coordinate with operations team members for final commissioning
- Develop internal processes and procedures for BESS design
- Close feedback loop with development team to improve storage offerings
- Basic understanding electricity markets and utility bill analysis
- Proficiency with energy storage modeling software (Energy Toolbase, STEM, Geli, Homer)
- Strong AutoCAD skills including creating templates and blocks
- Expertise with battery system sizing, equipment selection, auxiliary loads sizing, circuit protection, conductor sizing and selection for LV/MV, grounding design, lighting protection systems
- Working knowledge of SCADA design (Modbus, DNP3, DERMS, etc)
- Strong understanding of NEC and NFPA 855 requirements and implications on system design and permitting
- Knowledge of IEEE and IEC standards
- Effective communicating skills and ability to lead a team
- Minimum of 5 years of grid tied energy storage system design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Experience managing energy storage projects from pre-contract design through commissioning
- Proven track record for design of utility approved interconnection schemes
- Familiarity with a broad range of energy storage technologies, software tools, and projects, especially ‘Tier 1’ battery products and vendors or system integrators.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Previous exposure to energy project development, interconnection, and permitting processes; cost estimating; construction schedules; EPC contract terms and technical exhibits is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with microgrid and off-grid solar and energy storage systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- medical, vision, and dental coverage starts day one, no waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + sick days
- Bonus structure
- Opportunity for career advancement
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.