Q CELLS Enable is the renewable energy EPC branch of Qcells for the DG (Distributed Generation) market. Our mission is to be a world class designer and installer of large scale PV and ESS systems throughout the US. Our position as a leading module manufacturer means we are able to offer end-to-end solutions for project developers and owners. We are expanding our organization and have several open positions currently.
The Senior Solar Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates for DG scale (3MW-50MW) renewable energy projects in the development phase. Will possess a thorough understanding of the project life cycle from bid to completion. The Senior Solar Estimator manages subcontractor and vendor relationships and works closely with Engineering, Procurement and Construction during project implementation, as needed.
This position reports to the Head of Proposals/Preconstruction. This position is located in NYC or Teaneck, NJ. The ideal candidate will be within commutable distance of this location and remote candidates in the EST time zone are acceptable.
Compensation: $115,000 - $135,000 + bonus
- Analyze project plans to gain a thorough understanding of project and cost requirements
- Manage subcontractors and vendors that are providing bids on these projects during the development phase
- Interface with Engineering, Project Management and Procurement during project implementation as needed, so they have a full understanding of the estimates provided for each project
- Continuously review active and completed projects to improve cost estimating on future projects
- Work closely with Engineering and Construction Management to provide accurate estimates of internal company costs for projects
- Provide a comparison of internal and external labor costs for projects where required
- Work closely with internal and external sources to develop processes for permitting and interconnection costs
- Coordinate with development and engineering to create preliminary design budgets
- Prepare bid packages and SOW for sub-contractors and vendors
- Support Qcells Planning group with periodic and ad-hoc reporting
- Maintaining records and databases
- All other assignments and special projects, as requested by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, preferred.
- At least 3+ years of Solar Estimating experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Solar Construction or EPC experience.
- Experience working on DG or utility scale PV systems or TnD or Substation projects
- Knowledge of understanding electrical systems and wiring of solar arrays
- Knowledge of estimating civil and mechanical components of ground mount solar construction
- Experience in cost control, purchasing, scheduling, the ability to read takeoffs, and properly valuate off-engineering drawings
- Capable of estimating projects up to $50M
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and capable of working independently
- OSHA 30 & SST-10 Certifications; required
- Strong computer skills and experience with Procore or similar software preferred
- Ability to travel, up to 15% of the time
- Working knowledge of common construction materials and methods
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage; NO waiting period
- 401k Company match
- PTO + Sick Days + Holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.