This is a San Francisco based position that is currently remote and will have a hybrid schedule once we return to office. We are open to candidates willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Geli (Growing Energy Labs, Inc.) provides software and business solutions to design, connect, and operate energy storage systems ranging in size from residential to utility-scale, as well as grid-tied, microgrid, and off-grid systems. Geli’s suite of products creates an ecosystem where project developers, OEMs, financiers, and project operators can deploy advanced energy projects using a seamless hardware-agnostic software platform.
Geli is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS, one of the world’s largest photovoltaic manufacturers most recognized for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules.
Geli is committed to helping make the planet a cleaner, better place to live, both with our software products and through our everyday actions.
Imagine a world where there is less reliance on non-renewable power, where you source your electricity from your neighbors rather than from power stations hundreds of miles away and software makes the best possible use of the solar, wind, and battery storage available. This is our vision.
We are looking for enthusiastic colleagues that are not only fluent in technology, but also share our vision of a world running on 100% renewable energy.
Qcells is looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. People passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, who demonstrate a high sense of ownership, and who want to have. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for our Edge Offering and Smart Home Devices, as well as ensuring successful product development, delivery, and launch. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in technology companies on IoT integrations, distributed energy resources (DERs), smart home products, specifically in the Energy Domain, and a solid understanding of Open Standards such as OpenADR, IEEE 2030.5 and Matter.
- Develop and communicate the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for our IoT and Smart Home Devices
- Strong understanding of product development processes, including experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Excellent communication, leadership, and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to identify and analyze customer needs and translate them into product requirements
- Experience with data analysis and metrics-driven decision making
- Familiarity with product management tools and software
- Relevant experience in product management, program management or equivalent field.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, sales, and marketing to deliver high-quality products on-time and within budget.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and customers and OEM Partner Ecosystem.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, technologies, and best practices related to IoT and Smart Home Devices
- Represent Qcells in industry forums and technical working groups such as OpenADR Alliance, SunSpec Alliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field. MS or MBA required
- 4+ years of prior experience in technology companies, with a focus on product management or product engineering.
- Strong understanding of Edge Computing, IoT and Smart Home Devices, Open Standards such as OpenADR, IEEE 2030.5 and Message Bus, pub/sub integration, data analytics and reporting
- Experience working with software engineers and product managers. Able to read and understand technical specifications and API documentation.
- Experience leading concept creation from idea to production.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights. Are able to take those insights and define the desired customer outcomes.
- Evidence of solving large scale problems for customers. Ability to take complex concepts and simplify them for the customer in the form of elegant experiences.
- Interest in the energy market and climate challenges is a must. Mission-driven.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT GELI
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits offerings
Conveniently accessible location in downtown San Francisco
Flexible work-from-home-office opportunities, as determined by the position and job duties
Cigna and Kaiser options - available by region
Cigna Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Cigna medical plan
Company-paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
Voluntary benefits include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance
401(k) with a 4% employer match
3 weeks of paid Parental Leave
Sick time- 72 hours frontloaded per calendar year
Vacation time (Flex time), and 13 Paid Holidays
Health Advocate wellness and concierge services
Wellness programs with our benefits providers
Bereavement leave- 5 paid days
Make a difference: join a group of people who are passionate about renewable energy
Have an impact: the company is still small enough that everyone’s contribution has a significant impact on the success of the company
Many opportunities to lead teams, and projects, and contribute to development
Casual professional working environment: there’s no need to dress up, just present your best self
Work collaboratively in a diverse environment- we commit to reaching better decisions by respecting opinions and working through disagreements
We value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech.
Growing Energy Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.