UtilityAPI is a mission-driven software company fighting climate change by providing data access for the clean energy transition. Our customers love our reliable service.
We are committed to advancing equity in the clean energy sector, and building a team that looks like America. Our CEO founded the Empowering Diverse Climate Talent (EDICT) program, and our leadership team has more women than men. Our hiring process is designed to value non-traditional work histories and expertise.
We encourage applications from groups and communities that have been traditionally underrepresented and underestimated in the energy and technology sectors. But we recognize that those candidates are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all the requirements. Here’s the reality: Rarely do candidates fulfill 100% of a job description's requirements. We know you have value to offer and we hope you’ll see yourself as a good fit for this role and apply!
This position is fully remote and requires intermittent travel. You must live in the United States and be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or the holder of a non-expiring visa that doesn't require sponsorship.
As the Sales Development Representative, you will:
- Generate qualified opportunities for Sales Directors to close by conducting research and outreach to identify decision makers and new target accounts
- Follow-up on inbound leads using our defined sales processes to qualify opportunities for Sales Directors, setting appointments and conducting demos, where necessary
- Prospect and create leads by executing targeted searches based on specific criteria across various products and solutions
- Develop foundational knowledge of the UtilityAPI platform and business case in order to qualify prospects
- Enrich data in our CRM and maintain the quality of required fields for deeper marketing analytics
- Align with multiple team members and manage cross-team resources
- Follow up on task assignments and account specific requirements as needed
- Provide regular reports on sales activities and results to management
A strong candidate must:
- Have demonstrated experience developing and implementing sales strategies
- Have a love of talking to people, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be comfortable working with a remote team
- Be able to communicate and understand high level software and program capabilities and identify where mutual value is created
- Have superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Salary: $75,000-$85,000 depending on experience and location
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible, regular hours (roughly 9-5 in your time zone)
- Stock options
- 401k with employer matching
- Fully remote position with home office setup stipend
How To Apply:
Fill out this form and email a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Sales Development Representative - Cover Letter." We'll be in touch!
1. It is OKAY if you don't have much experience with a couple of these questions!
2. It is OKAY if your answers are short (1-3 sentences) or just lists!