Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
The Distributed Energy (DE) team develops, invests in, and delivers distribution-connected solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects in North America. The DE team offers the full spectrum of BESS and PV+BESS solutions – from integrated ESS hardware and software, project development and investment to asset management and operations.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
\* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
The Project Finance Manager will be a key team member with responsibilities related to financing of various renewable energy projects in the Northeast (including NY, MA, CT, NJ and other states). Entrepreneurial drive, dedication and a proactive attitude are essential qualities for this role within a lean and focused team of industry experts. The ideal candidate will be based in the Northeast (including NY, MA, CT, NJ and other states) and may require business travel up to 30% of the time. Flexible working arrangements, including full-time remote work may be approved for the right candidate. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Project Finance, this is a great opportunity to work in a fast-growing market with enormous potential.
- Sales enablement, through in-person participation, development of sales tools and collateral;
- Opportunity qualification, building advanced financial models and performing in-depth analysis of both risks and rewards;
- Close collaboration with other project stakeholders, including engineering, project management, energy services, and legal;
- Formulating investment theses and presenting investment opportunities to senior management;
- Transaction due diligence, ensuring timely and efficient financial closings with external financial partners.
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience from financing of renewable energy systems in the United States, ideally in northeastern markets;
- Demonstrated track record of analyzing renewable energy projects;
- Knowledge of federal and local incentive programs for renewable energy in general, and for solar photovoltaics and battery energy storage systems in particular;
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently;
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a business process mindset;
- Passion for renewable energy and interest in developing deep industry expertise;
- Undergraduate degree in science, engineering, economics or related field. Graduate degree preferred.
\*CA Target Salary Range: $130000 - $170000 / year
The salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, essential job duties & requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications.
\*This target salary range is not an offer of compensation
Physical, Mental, & Physical Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Standing: 20% of time
Sitting: 70% of time
Walking: 10% of time
Pulling: up to 10 Pounds
Pushing: up to 10 Pounds
Carrying: up to 10 Pounds
Lifting: up to 10 Pounds
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.