Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ), Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ), and San Francisco, USA (Energy Storage/Inverter & Software HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
The Distributed Energy (DE) team develops, invests in, and delivers distribution-connected solar and battery energy storage system (BESS) projects in North America. The DE team offers the full spectrum of BESS and PV+BESS solutions – from integrated ESS hardware and software, project development and investment to asset management and operations.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays
\* All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
The Project Administrator assists & supports the Project Management team in performing administrative functions such as assisting in transmitting of documents to/from Client/Subs/Suppliers/etc, meeting minutes, general Document Controls, bid and contract document coordination, monthly billings, assisting in subcontractor & supplier billings/invoices, assisting in employee on-boarding, and other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager. They should have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communications, people skills, and be able to work independently to push tasks to completion. The Project Administrator reports to the Director of Engineering & Delivery, or another member of senior leadership as determined by the President of Q CELLS or a delegate. This position will work remotely, or from our San Francisco, CA or Irvine, CA office (if local). Travel to project sites is not necessary.
- Assist in the creation of subcontractor bid package. Assist in the management of bid collection, RFI’s, coordination.
- Processes and tracks Submittals to owner, contact subs for items to be submitted
- Processes and tracks formal correspondence with Clients and Subcontractors
- Assist in the creation and processing of contracts and manage approval process for same
- Assist in the creation of Purchase Orders and manage approval process for same
- Process Subcontractor Monthly pay apps
- Work within and become proficient the web based project management software, Procore.
- Assist in the processing of Request for Information
- Assist Project Managers with tacking of equipment delivery
- Create job site binders for Safety, Quality and close-out documents.
- Prequalify subcontractors
- General word processing
- Coordinate with the Engineering, Procurement, and Business Development teams to maintain continued alignment with high-level company objectives and workflows.
- This position requires two or more years of experience performing work in the role of Project Administrator or similar position at a construction company.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. '
- Self-motivated, independent professional with excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and push tasks to completion.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, providing support to team members, and establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with coworkers across functional areas.
- Experience working with project management software platforms
- Experience working within Procore
- A college degree in a related field of study is preferred but not required for candidates with proven past work experience.
- Experience, interest in, and general knowledge of the energy industry, especially the solar and energy storage sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple parallel projects and prioritize competing demands.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
20% of time
70% of time
10% of time
up to 10 Pounds
up to 10 Pounds
up to 10 Pounds
up to 10 Pounds
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.