With the increasing prevalence of electric vehicles, the energy industry is facing a new set of challenges to meet the changing demand. However, these challenges also present new opportunities to modernize the grid. WeaveGrid empowers our utility partners to make more informed decisions by sharing data on electric vehicle adoption and charging behavior; ensuring that they have all the insights necessary to support their customers. Our smart charge programs provide additional benefits by optimizing charging patterns to reduce peak demand and lower costs for both utilities and EV owners. We are seeking software engineers who are eager to take on a variety of roles and help us develop tools that enhance our utility-facing products and enable our internal teams to quickly respond to our partners' needs.
- Design and implement full stack web application pages to enable utility clients and/or internal users to derive insights from enrollment and charging data
- Develop new systems to audit data integrity and enable internal users to understand the state of our system
- Collaborate with product managers, data engineers, and solutions team members to ensure that we’re building the best products and tools for various end-users
We are looking for people to join our team who:
- Have a passion for the greater de-carbonization effort
- Want to know more about the electric grid and electric vehicles
- Thrive in fast-moving start-up environments
- Interested in learning from and contributing to the development of high-impact, enterprise-grade climate-focused software
- Demonstrated prior software engineering work, from internships or projects
- Exposure to core design & UI/UX concepts and tools
- Competency in Python, Ruby, and/or Go
- Currently pursing a Bachelor's Degree
This role will be based in Seattle, WA or on-site at the WeaveGrid HQ in San Francisco, CA.
The compensation for this opportunity includes a salary of $25 an hour.