QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. The company’s next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.
We are seeking a motivated Director, Cell Reliability and Analytics for our Manufacturing team. You will be playing a vital role in training, developing, and building a team that will orchestrate detailed physical and chemical analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, data and advanced analytics of battery cells. As it touches many facets of our product and directly influences strategic business priorities, the position requires deep electrochemical systems understanding, the ability to quickly digest and connect a variety of data types and strong communication skills.
- Ensure safety and conduct policies are prioritized and met among all employees.
- Build and continuously develop a strong, motivated cell reliability and data analytics team.
- Resolves problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Prioritize and manage reliability related activities according to organization needs and plans.
- Facilitate business critical technical data as needed to technical and management teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Quality and Engineering to synchronize activities and ensure organized execution of activities.
- Mentor and develop technical groups through expert utilization of root cause analysis, FMEA, and data analytics.
- Facilitate the development and deployment of standard works whenever a gap is identified.
- Recommend and implement changes to product or process in order to improve cost, delivery and quality.
- Monitor, analyze and report on next level process performance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proven expert in battery performance and testing, preferably with a master’s or Ph.D. degree in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years' experience in leading and serving technical teams in support of business initiatives and goals.
- Familiar with data analysis software and related coding skills to process large bodies of data.
- A minimum of 1 year of hands-on, independent laboratory experience in a R&D or industrial laboratory environment
- Experience with lithium-ion battery related FMEA and utilization of industry standard root cause analysis methods
- Backend data analytics experience with solid understanding of Python and/or other programming languages
- Excellent computer and systems knowledge: Strong literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and line management tools, including routine equipment maintenance, statistical process control, lean manufacturing, MES/SCADA systems, and TPM.
- Strong collaboration with a focus on promoting teamwork while growing your internal trust network through integrity and passion for the challenges we face.
Compensation & Benefits:
The mid-point salary for this role is $200,400, but our goal is to customize a salary based on the candidate's experience and background. QuantumScape also offers an annual bonus and a generous RSU/Equity package as part of its compensation plan. In addition, we do offer a tremendous benefits plan including employee paid health care, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and other exciting perks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.