Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7 business enterprise in South Korea. Hanwha Q CELLS has acquired Geli, a prominent developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and various other renewable resources. This acquisition aims to facilitate the expansion of their business into the Virtual Power Plant.
The Planning Assistant Manager is responsible for providing the necessary support for business and corporate strategy, planning, and operation. Responsibilities include budgeting, planning, reporting, and other administrative support for the Business Support Team. This position reports to the Director of Business Support Team, or another senior management personnel that the Head of the Business Division may designate.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the System Business Division US team, including the software development team (GELI), Future Energy Technology Center (FETC), and other organizations. Monitor and control SG&A and Capital Expenditures in alignment with the budget. This is a critical responsibility for this position.
- Review and update the expense policy and approval workflow for the business division, ensuring its effective distribution and implementation.
- Collaborate closely with other teams by:
- Providing monthly SG&A estimates to the Headquarters
- Monitoring the P&L of US hardware sales and addressing any issues in coordination with the sales and planning teams of HQCA
- Assisting the Market Solution Team with economic analysis for new product planning.
- Handling various administrative tasks, such as selecting Solar Exhibition participants and providing guidance as needed
- Support the Director of Business Support Team in conducting intermittent tasks, including:
- Establishing transaction structures to seamlessly receive IRA tax credits.
- Addressing any contractual issues between US entities and the headquarters.
- Handling tasks related to Intellectual Property (IP).
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Business Support Team or upper management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Korean speaking and writing capability
- 2+ years’ experience in planning and budgeting
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced level of computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Must be self-motivated, creative, and possess strategic planning skills
- Working from the office is required at least three days a week (either at our San Francisco office or Santa Clara Lab, with a preference for the SF location)
- Data analysis-related experience
- Data analysis-related experience preferred
- Solar PV, ESS, and/or Energy related experience preferred (3+ years)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental, and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbents must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Standing 20% of the time
- Sitting 70% of the time
- Walking10% of the time
- Pulling up to 10 Pounds
- Pushing up to 10 Pounds
- Carrying up to 10 Pounds
- Lifting up to 20 Pounds
- Typing F
- Handling F
- Reaching F
- Crouching O
- Balancing N
- Climbing N
- Crawling N
- Kneeling N
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)