Xos (NASDAQ: XOS) is an innovative electric vehicle (EV) company on a mission to decarbonize commercial transportation. Our zero-emission commercial vehicles and next-generation technologies empower fleets of Fortune 500 companies and positively impact our environment.
At Xos, we design and manufacture EVs, create first-class battery systems, develop vehicle software, and entice fleet owners into an electrified future with groundbreaking service.
Xos is a people-focused company—and a great place to work! Perks include 100% covered employee health benefits, Betterment 401k, job training, and growth opportunities, to name a few.
We are a team of passionate doers that have banded together to achieve a worthy mission. We’re go-getters, change-makers, and future-creators. Join us and be part of the future of transportation!
Xos is dedicated to delivering high-quality vehicles to our customers. With a strong commitment to innovation and excellence, we are seeking skilled Assembly Technicians to join our team and contribute to our continued success. As an Assembly Technician you will be responsible for assembling and installing various chassis components and systems to build high-quality Xos vehicles. Expertise in mechanical assembly, attention to detail, and adherence to safety standards will contribute to the successful completion of Xos' production goals.
A successful assembly technician is passionate about commercial vehicles and interested in contributing to the Xos manufacturing process.
- Perform chassis assembly tasks according to production specifications and guidelines. This includes installing mechanical, electrical, and electronic components, ensuring functionality and Xos quality standards are met.
- Install chassis components: transmission, suspension systems, brakes, steering systems and other mechanical components
- Connect electrical wiring, harnesses and sensors, ensuring proper integration and functionality of electrical systems.
- Conduct thorough inspections of assembled components to identify and rectify any assembly or component issues. Maintain high quality standards throughout the assembly process
- Diagnose and resolve mechanical, electrical, or other assembly-related problems using appropriate tools and techniques
- Accurately complete assembly reports, work orders, and other production-related documentation
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
- Continuous improvement; suggest and implement process improvements to enhance assembly efficiency, quality, and productivity
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, quality, manufacturing, to optimize production processes and resolve issues
- Perform routine equipment maintenance tasks on assembly equipment and tools to ensure their proper functioning.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Additional technical certifications or vocational training in automotive or manufacturing or related field is advantageous
- Prior experience in vehicle assembly, manufacturing, or related mechanical field is preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude and proficiency using hand tools, power tools, and other assembly equipment
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills to diagnose and resolve assembly related issues effectively
- Commitment to maintain a safe working environment and adhering to safety protocols and guidelines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new assembly techniques and production processes
- Ability to perform physically
- Efficient time management skills to meet production targets and deadlines
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Must be available to work 1st shift (6AM - 3:30PM)
- Must be flexible to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks such as lifting heavy components, and working in various positions for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, pull, push 50+ lbs
Xos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.