Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
This role will be integral to the achievement of production goals at our growing manufacturing plant. We are developing innovative processes and automation tools to establish Twelve as a world leader in carbon transformation. You will be working in a collaborative and fluid startup environment. As the leader of the Manufacturing Team, you will be providing guidance and strategic insight to the executive team. You will make an impact by developing and implementing Twelve’s manufacturing strategy, while reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
In this role, you will be driving excellence across Twelve’s manufacturing operations. You will be overseeing production, maintenance and upcoming projects while prioritizing safety. Key parts of this role are leadership, defining objectives and managing a team that delivers velocity and high throughput. You will be collaborating with cross functional teams to meet production targets while continuously improving key performance metrics. We are looking for a team-focused production leader who knows manufacturing best practices and is excited about Twelve’s mission.
This is a hybrid remote and on-site role near Alameda, California.
What you will do
- Develop, implement and evolve Twelve’s manufacturing strategy.
- Oversee manufacturing operations, including production, maintenance, and future projects.
- Provide leadership through effective communication, collaboration, training, coaching and development.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Technical Development and/or Product Development teams regarding manufacturing requirements.
- Develop and drive operational excellence across manufacturing operations.
- Define objectives to meet business plans, capacity/headcount targets, and key performance indicators.
- Conduct analysis and prepare reports on projects/process improvements.
- Drive manufacturing teams to achieve established targets for daily shipments, while continuously improving key metrics.
- Create and present operational performance data for presentation to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and suppliers to improve as well as meet goals.
- Support and manage continuous improvement activities in safety, quality, environmental, productivity and cost-efficiency objectives.
Who you are
- You have 12+ years of related manufacturing experience, 7+ years management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- You have a degree in an engineering or industrial technology related field, or equivalent experience.
- You are adept at structuring teams in a way that optimizes effectiveness as well as results.
- You have extensive knowledge of procedures, best practices and principles in manufacturing.
- You have an in-depth understanding of mechanical and standardized processes.
- You are able to gather information, weigh relevant factors, develop models and make decisions based on data, trends and experience.
- You are adept at collaborating with cross functional teams and you have strong engagement/relationship building skills.
- You have experience with process improvement methodologies to optimize efficiency and throughput.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.