Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Vice President of PM/CM will lead the internal PM/Precon team (if selected as VP of PM) and CM team (if selected as VP of CM) and will play a vital role within the Hanwha Q CELLS USA organization to enable our vision of becoming the leading solar solution provider in the Americas. The Vice President is expected to draw upon a fundamental engineering background and direct construction project management experience to lead the successful buildout of MW scale ground mount PV power plants and MWh of battery storage plants. The Vice President of PM/CM will also build and mentor multiple diverse project management and construction teams located throughout the Americas, as well as oversee broad network of suppliers and partners. This position reports to the Head of EPC of Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp., or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Irvine, CA and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 50%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the internal PM & CM Teams respectively in the design and successful build out of solar PV and battery storage solutions in the Americas, which includes USA, Canada, and Latin America;
- Continuously measure and improve operational excellence, adapt and replicate best industry practices across business units to create a highly competitive EPC organization;
- Be accountable to develop and successfully execute on cost reduction programs through optimization of people, processes, and technologies;
- Cooperation with Engineering team to improve design efficiency and constructability in terms of cost reduction through value engineering efficient execution practices; and to resolve technical issues on site;
- Working with Procurement team and process, while working closely with counterparts in other geographical regions to develop synergies and standardize components;
- Work closely with the both internal Project Control and Cost Management teams and our USS and Development teams to successfully bid and win large scale ground mount PV power plants
- Provide construction expertise and insight to accurately gauge project potential and highlight key risk areas;
- Manage day-to-day operations through an effective action-oriented approach, provide executive level mentorship and leadership· to employees within the EPC organization;
- Provide weekly updates and monthly executive summary reports of key issues and project status to the US executive team and top management in Korea; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by Executive Management.
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or another related field is required
- Graduate degree in engineering or another related field is highly preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in engineering or construction
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in solar development
- Extensive track record of successfully designing and building large scale solar power plants preferably in the Americas, and a demonstrated track record of delivering results
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of all phases of the solar PV power plant development, including engineering, procurement, and construction and project management
- Experience working with project developers and understanding of the RFP process
- Have insight to highlight key risk factors and provide and deliver best EPC cost estimates
- Solid experience with current solar EPC tools and processes, and remain current on best practices and trends in the industry
- Demonstrated track record of initiating programs that lead to significant cost reduction and/or performance improvement
- Understanding of solar module manufacturing and O&M experience is a plus
- Ability to manage and lead large technical organizations, including significant experience managing numerous suppliers and contractors
- Capability to interact with leadership cross-culturally, both within and outside the organization
- Have both long-term strategic perspective and near-term action orientation, strong desire to continuously improve and push limits
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player with high degree of professionalism in which one conducts self at all times
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $250,000 - $280,000 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.