Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
In this role, you will be a key part of Twelve’s development of CO2 conversion processes. You will be a member of the fast-paced and collaborative Test Stand Operations Team. You will be working alongside engineers and other technicians to accelerate our subscale R&D (research and development) learnings while reporting to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Test Stand Operations.
Your responsibilities will include assembling new test platforms for investigating CO2 conversion as well as maintaining existing infrastructure within a fluid startup environment. This role includes assisting with the development of new test equipment and methods. We will provide on-the-job training in areas specific to our equipment. The right candidate for this role is team focused, experienced with hands-on projects, assembly lines/manufacturing environments, and believes in Twelve’s mission.
This is a fixed term (6 months) role based in either Berkeley or Alameda, California.
What you will do
- Build equipment and instrumentation for testing CO2 conversion processes.
- Assemble and install test equipment such as pressure regulators, flow controllers, valves, pumps, power supplies, and gas chromatographs.
- Calibrate and perform scheduled maintenance on test equipment.
- Follow assembly instructions; help write new procedures for others.
- Observe best practices and use practical judgment to maintain a safe work environment.
Who you are
- You have a high school diploma or GED (General Educational Development).
- You have experience working on hands-on projects and can demonstrate, either through professional or hobbyist experience, at least 2 of the following:
- Experience with basic hand and power tools.
- Experience with electrical/wiring work.
- Basic machine shop experience (e.g. milling machine, saws, grinding, drilling, measuring tools).
- Hands-on experience building or repairing machines like engines, pumps, scientific equipment, etc.
- You are a strong team player.
- You are able to read/interpret MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) schematics; you are proficient in Microsoft Office.
- You are able to adhere to a consistent on-site schedule.
- You have a strong desire and curiosity to learn new things.
- You are able to lift 50 lbs.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.