Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
In this role, you will be a key part of Twelve’s development of CO2 conversion processes. You will be a member of a fast-paced and collaborative team - Test Stand Operations. You will manage a team of operations technicians, overseeing day-to-day tasks and longer term projects. Collaboration and communication with other technicians, supervisors, engineers and leads is essential. You will work towards accelerating subscale R&D (research and development) testing while reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager of Test Stand Operations.
The successful candidate will supervise a team of technicians tasked with assembling new test platforms for investigating CO2 conversion as well as maintaining existing infrastructure, within a fluid startup environment. We will provide on-the-job training in areas specific to our equipment. The right candidate for this role has experience with hands-on projects, leadership roles, assembly-line or manufacturing environments and believes in Twelve’s mission.
This is an hourly position based in Alameda, California.
What you will do
- Manage a small team of Operations Technicians.
- Lead day-to-day task assignment and hold your reports accountable for short term deliverables.
- Oversee the build of equipment and instrumentation for testing CO2 conversion processes.
- Lead assembly and installation of test equipment such as pressure regulators, flow controllers, valves, pumps, power supplies, and gas chromatographs.
- Calibrate and perform scheduled maintenance on test equipment.
- Collaborate with peers and superiors on maintaining production schedules and weekly communications.
- Observe best practices and use practical judgment to maintain a safe work environment.
Who you are
- You have a high school diploma or GED (General Educational Development).
- You have experience working on hands-on projects and can demonstrate, either through professional or hobbyist experience, at least 2 of the following:
- Experience with basic hand and power tools.
- Experience with electrical/wiring work.
- Basic machine shop experience (e.g. milling machine, saws, grinding, drilling, measuring tools).
- Hands-on experience building or repairing machines like engines, pumps, scientific equipment, etc.
- You are a strong team player and have prior management experience.
- You are able to read/interpret MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) schematics.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office.
- You are able to adhere to a consistent on-site schedule.
- You are able to lift 50 lbs.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.