Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Talent Acquisition Manager (“TAM”) will manage the Talent Acquisition (“TA”) & Recruitment strategies to meet optimal hiring goals across the organization. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The TAM maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its performance goal plans, its culture and its competition. The TAM is an integral member of the Human Resources team to lead the Talent Acquisition team, combining consultative, influencing and advocacy skills to find and attract top talent and deliver excellent results to recruiting partners and hiring managers. This professional will directly be responsible for the full-service candidate sourcing to manage the TA team and recruiting operations that supports HR Operational excellence across the enterprise.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition or other senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is expected to travel up to 20% of the time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Talent Strategies / Talent Community Development:
- Identify and successfully engage with talent in specific disciplines;
- Tell a compelling and consistent message to candidates that aligns with the company brand and values;
- Work with the Senior Manager TA towards developing robust communities of talent and candidate pipelines across a diverse set of functional areas and generate rapid results in a fast-paced environment;
- Establish and manage all staffing agency and TA vendor relationships including contract negotiations, implementation, and system maintenance: TA Platforms, Lever, LinkedIn Recruiter, job boards, etc;
- Partner with the Senior Manager of TA to negotiate contracts and with agencies to ensure the company is utilizing quality agencies for the company’s needs at a cost-efficient rate if needed;
- Manage a TA Team to the full cycle recruitment process; conducts interviews, background checks; drafts offer letters;
- Collaborate on the TA strategies for sourcing candidates for diversity hiring (through various job boards, virtual job fairs, job posting activities);
- Market Intel / Addressable Market Analytics:
- Collect and frame-up external talent market data to enable partners to inform and influence decisions;
- Optimize Talent Management/ATS system by setting up email templates, workflow, dispositions, requisition statuses, analytics, and TA hiring reporting;
- Partner with the HR Team to provide consultation in compensation analysis based on job leveling criteria and is able to price a position based on job function through different compensation data analytics (Payscale, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc);
- Be accountable for the storage and distribution of internal and external documents with strict confidentiality;
- Strategic Business Partnerships:
- Effectively partner with the Senior Manager TA, Executive Leadership, Directors, and Hiring Managers to forecast their hiring needs and strategically plan so that all departments can be proactive to achieve company goals;
- Partner with Leaders to provide consultation for international hiring activities and run the recruitment activities through employment contracts, international staffing agencies, etc);
- Partner with the HR Team, Senior Leadership and Department Heads of the business to develop innovative sourcing tools, recruitment strategies and outreach opportunities to attract diverse, qualified candidates;
- Constantly collaborate with recruiting partner; proactively inform on progress of sourcing strategy and recommend shifts as necessary;
- Subject Matter Expertise:
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance for all business units in a variety of career levels (entry level, technical, professional, administrative, sales, executive) to advance hiring goals as part of the overall business operation models;
- Develop knowledge / building skills in functions / specialties. Build toward operating at as a SME on various external talent markets for specific professional discipline(s);
- Enhance the organization’s understanding of various function spaces through research and synthesis of knowledge acquired, staying current on market trends. Proactively educate recruitment partners and hiring leaders;
- Consult on talent market throughout lifecycle of individual searches ;
- Work with Legal and HR Personnel to manage all international Visa sponsorships through the candidate selection process.
- Ensure compliance with all legal/government requirements is met (In County, State, and Federal levels)
- Ensure compliance with Apprenticeships, Prevailing Wages, and Union regulations (in County, State, and Federal levels) as needed
- 5+ years of experience in recruiting for leadership roles, administrative, technical, accounting, finance, and human resources positions
- 1-2 years of experience in recruiting for energy sector positions (engineering, renewable energy, sustainability, skilled trades/construction, solar energy power, utility scale energy, etc)
- Have full understanding of legal issues that impact global recruiting activities, contract law and restrictive covenants is a plus.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent assessment and interviewing skills and strong command of assessment and selection methodologies, instruments and process.
- Strong intuition and natural problem-solving skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects/priorities using tactical and strategic analytical skills
- Proactive, self-starter, goal oriented and ability to work independently
- Maintain a positive attitude and composure in a functional role
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to details
- Skill and knowledge in being an extremely perceptive person – must be capable of relating to individuals at all levels
- Uphold Company’s Vision, Mission Statement and Core Values
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position
- Ability and willingness to work remotely, as needed
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Talent Acquisition and/or Human Resources
- PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCO or HR certification a plus
The anticipated starting pay range of this position, which is to be located in Irvine, CA is $95,000.00 - $110,000.00 base salary per year.
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.