This is your chance to join the rapidly growing commercial solar energy business.
Solar FlexRack is an integrated solar company that offers custom-designed, fixed tilt ground mount and single-axis solar tracking systems in the commercial and utility-scale solar mounting industries. Solar FlexRack also offers full services, including engineering, geotechnical, pullout testing, field, and layout design services to address the actual site conditions of a project site. Solar FlexRack has completed over 3.5 GW of solar racking installations in over 40 U.S. states, 9 Canadian provinces and across the globe.
As an integral part of the Field Services Team, you are predominantly responsible for managing customer calls and emails, troubleshooting components (mechanical, electrical, and wireless network related) of installed racking for distributed generation and utility scale solar systems. You will help customers with their troubleshooting and operations maintenance of their systems. Occasionally, you will assist other team members with installation and troubleshooting related to proprietary solar racking systems. Additionally, you will support other departmental office tasks such as, but not limited to, preparing and setting up quotations, producing and editing AutoCAD drawings, scheduling trainings and commissioning's, as well as final report preparation. This position reports to the Field Service Department Manager, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in Cleveland, OH and working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is not expected to travel, however there may be minimal travel involved (<5%).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance, in accordance with the company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position.
- Being a self-motivated and responsible team player, with the ability to work both individually and in a team setting, to accomplish a unified goal.
- Being able to read and understand basic construction drawings sets
- Possessing the ability to work independently within company established procedures associated with specific job functions.
- Providing online installation training of the project specific system, to the customers and installers.
- Collaborating with other engineering resources and coordinating their efforts during project development.
- Completing reporting as required by company practices and policies.
- Working closely with installation teams to improve best practices, installation documentation, and product quality.
- Assisting the Team with root cause analysis relating to product deficiencies or malfunctions and assist with performing preventive/corrective maintenance.
- Proposing solutions to address or prevent product deficiencies or malfunction.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience reading project specific construction drawings
- Experience with wireless networking and mechanical aptitude (ZigBee protocol experience a plus)
- Knowledgeable in computer programming and software. (Modbus a plus)
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Understanding of electrical systems
- Strong sense of determination to complete tasks, with the capability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- High level of reliability with strong importance on setting and exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with AutoCAD
- Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
- Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
- Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
- Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
- Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
- Travel: less than 5% as needed
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Qcells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.