This is your chance to join the rapidly growing commercial solar energy business.
Solar FlexRack is an integrated solar company that offers custom-designed, fixed tilt ground mount and single-axis solar tracking systems in the commercial and utility-scale solar mounting industries. Solar FlexRack also offers full services, including engineering, geotechnical, pullout testing, field, and layout design services to address the actual site conditions of a project site. Solar FlexRack has completed over 3.5 GW of solar racking installations in over 40 U.S. states, 9 Canadian provinces and across the globe.
We are looking for a Field Technician, with both electrical and mechanical experience/knowledge, and a willingness to learn. As integral part of the Field Services Team, you are responsible for commissioning, troubleshooting, and replacing components (mechanical and electrical) of installed racking for distributed generation and utility scale solar systems. You will assist customers with their troubleshooting and maintenance of their systems. Occasionally, you will assist other departments with installation and troubleshooting of prototype and/or developmental electrical equipment, circuitry, and components according to established procedures and specifications related to proprietary solar racking systems. This position reports to the Field Service Department Manager, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in REMOTE and typical working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position is expected to travel up to 90%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Self-motivated and responsible team player, with the ability to work both individually and in a team setting, to accomplish a unified goal.
- Ability to read and understand basic construction drawings sets
- Ability to work independently within company established procedures associated with specific job functions.
- Provide installation training (both virtual and in-person) of the project specific system, to the customers and installers.
- Collaborate with other engineering resources and coordinate their efforts during project development.
- Complete reporting as required by company practices and policies.
- Work closely with installation teams to improve best practices, installation documentation, and product quality.
- Assist the Team with root cause analysis relating to product deficiencies or malfunctions and assist with performing preventive/corrective maintenance.
- Proposing solutions to address or prevent product deficiencies or malfunction.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Utility/Commercial Construction (Utility Solar experience preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience reading project specific construction drawings
- Experience with the safety and quality of service, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Electronics experience, specifically wireless communications. (ZigBee protocol experience a plus)
- Knowledgeable in computer programming and software. (Modbus a plus)
- Strong sense of determination to complete tasks, with the capability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- High level of reliability with strong importance on setting and exceeding customer expectations
- Previous experience with basic hand tools.
- Ability to lift items in excess of 30 lbs., and being on foot for potentially long periods of time, when in the field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Post-secondary education recommended
- OSHA certifications are a plus
- Nonstationary Position: frequently required to stand and walk on uneven surfaces 8 to 10 hours in a day
- Move/Traverse: frequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
- Carry Weight: frequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to, and occasionally in excess of, 50 pounds
- Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
- Climb: often traversing uneven solar sites
- Travel: up to 90% as needed
- Frequently outdoors with a wide range of weather conditions.
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (when on construction worksite)
Hanwha Qcells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Qcells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at .
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.