The company is focused on hydrogen-electric propulsion solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting a 300-mile range in 9–19 seat aircraft by 2025, and up to 700-mile range in 40–80 seat aircraft by 2027. Based in the UK and USA, ZeroAvia has passed significant flight test milestones, secured a number of key partnerships with major aircraft OEMs and major global airlines, and is on track for commercial operations in 2025. The company’s achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without climate-impacting emissions but also cheaper to operate. The company’s hydrogen infrastructure team is seeking to deliver the hydrogen production and refuelling ecosystem required to fuel the transition to emission-free aviation.
Working within the Office of Airworthiness and System Safety Team as part of a CAA Part 21J Design Organisation the Systems Safety Engineer is responsible for;
· Conducting Qualitative and Quantitative Safety Analysis at System and Aircraft Level to ARP4761 (FHA, PSSA, FTA, SSA, FMECA, CCA, PRA, CMA etc.
· Generating safety requirements for the system and sub-system design teams and working collaboratively to ensure compliance
· Creating reasoned safety arguments for complex and novel systems and communicating these to relevant stakeholders
· Aeronautical Degree or equivalent experience
· At least 5 years of practical experience in a similar role
· Strong working knowledge of Safety Assessment following ARP4761 (or equivalent standard)
· Awareness of commercial aerospace certification regulations; Part 23/ CS-23, Part 33/ CS-E, SC-E-19 etc.
· Good working knowledge of Reliability prediction techniques e.g., MIL-HBK-217F
· Good working knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and ALARP justificationsDesirable Experience/Qualifications:
· Knowledge of Systems Engineering following ARP4754
· Knowledge of Software Certification to DO-178B/C or Hardware Certification to DO-254
· Knowledge of safety assurance techniques for new safety critical products/ components
· Previous approval as Part 21J Compliance Verification Engineer for Systems Safety
· General experience of working within a Part21J Design Organisation environment
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a scale-up company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.