ZeroAvia, a leading company in zero-emission aviation, is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join its team. The aim is to design and commercialize hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address sub-regional and short-haul commercial flights up to 500 miles. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving the powertrain development and integration of hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors. ZeroAvia is at the forefront of a new clean aviation ecosystem, and the successful candidate will be joining a world-class team that is passionate about designing and delivering solutions that are not just carbon-emission free but also cost-effective.
Based out of the UK, ZeroAvia has secured UK CAA and FAA experimental flight permit for its six-seat aircraft, powered by a hydrogen-electric powertrain, which has successfully passed significant flight tests and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2024. The company has been acknowledged by the UK Prime Minister, after inviting ZeroAvia as a member of the UK Jet Zero Council, as a reward for their achievements to date.
- Lead project teams to develop and deliver on project objectives, managing internal and external stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Good understanding of the aerospace industry.
- Ensure the overall delivery of projects by maintaining project schedules, identifying and solving risks and issues, prioritising project resources, and driving deliverables.
- Establish and maintain project communication cadence, including project schedules, timelines, milestones, and deliverables.
- Develop and implement project management processes and methodologies, including budget control, cost analysis, risk management, project status reporting, and project change control.
- Foster a collaborative working environment with cross-functional teams, including engineering, testing teams, supply chain, and customer support teams.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and develop pre-emptive strategies to maintain product market leadership.
- Work closely with management teams to define business objectives and ensure that projects support long-term strategic planning.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field.
- Solid experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a project management role ideally in a complex engineering environment.
- Extensive knowledge of project planning/management tools and experience working with project tracking software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Availability for occasional domestic and international travel.
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.