Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Capital Projects Team designs, builds and operates processing plants utilizing Twelve’s proprietary technology. We work closely with Business Development to fulfill offtake agreements for carbon negative fuels and chemicals that we produce.
In this position, you will be responsible for the success of the electrical technical scope across a full project life cycle for process plants using both electrolyzers and other balance of plant equipment to capture, process, and convert CO2 into a myriad of value-add products. As part of the Capital Projects technical team, you will lead the conceptual design, partner closely with external parties to execute detailed design and the construction of process plants, and partner closely with our R&D and productization teams to help develop and continually improve electrical designs for 1MW and larger systems.
What You Will Do
- Develop electrical engineering FEL 2-3 deliverables.
- Work with other electrical engineers on balance of plant electrical designs for process plants and electrolyzer systems.
- Interface with adjacent internal disciplines and project functions such as process, controls, instrumentation, mechanical, procurement, and project management.
- Interface with EPCs, construction contractors, OEMs, distributors, consultants, and other subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with our R&D and business development to continually integrate improvements to Twelve’s core technology into the next generation of designs.
- Review and approve electrical equipment data sheets and requisition packages, detailed design electrical drawings, FAT plans, commissioning plans, etc.
- Manage 3rd party engineering interfaces in detailed design.
- Execute or guide electrical studies: short-circuit, coordination, arc-flash, harmonics.
- Provide support to on-site electrical construction teams and assist with plant commissioning and start-up activities.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with system scaleup and electrical design for commercial plants, from kW to MW size.
- Experience with specifying, installing, operating and/or maintaining large power distribution electrical equipment such as rectifiers/converters, liquid-filled power transformers, switchgear (low and medium voltage), MCCs, motors, protective relaying and metering, UPS, e-Houses, etc.
- Familiarity with hazardous (classified) location equipment specification and wiring methods.
- Technical expertise with engineering studies and calculations such as load flow, short circuit, motor starting, coordination, arc flash, and harmonic studies.
- Experience working for or with EPCs on large scale engineering and construction projects.
- Experience working with IEEE, API, and IEC standards as well as the routine electrical installation and product/equipment standards.
- Awareness of industrial plant operating philosophies and business drivers.
- Understanding and familiarity with project execution processes and project lifecycles.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work as part of a highly collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.