Who are we?
Transcend is disrupting the Engineering and Construction industry. Design Generator, Transcend’s first of its kind software, enables the companies that design our global infrastructure to automate Design & Engineering work that is currently done manually. There is over 400 billion dollars spent on engineering each year, and the process of developing projects has not changed in decades. These companies are critical to our future, as they design our water, power, roads, and other core infrastructure. Due to their archaic processes, they are not innovating fast enough to impact our environment and help solve Climate Change. Over the last 10 years Transcend has developed and implemented a cloud-based software that completely changes the traditional process and transforms the culture of these engineering and construction firms around the world. The company has offices in Hungary and the USA.
Our software and engineering teams work in the office to make sure that collaboration and teamwork can be achieved. They utilize the best practices of AGILE to align priorities and execute on software development. Transcend is backed by leading US, European, and Chinese private equity investors, along with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private-equity arm of the World Bank Group, and Vespucci Partners, a Hungarian-based Private Equity firm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for top talent with high great ideas to join our expanding team and support our vision & growth. Our customers include many of the global top 10 engineering and construction firms.
Grow with us and join the outstanding team at our office in Budapest, Hungary, as a
Senior Backend Developer
reporting to the Software Development Team Lead.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with developers and product managers to understand the requirements for new features and user interfaces
- Leading the development of large, complex features or projects, assisting with the planning and estimation of project timelines and resource needs
- Participating in code reviews to ensure that the team’s code is of high quality, mentoring and guiding more junior team members
- Communicating effectively with other team members and stakeholders, proactively seeking out opportunities to learn and grow your skills
- Continuously learning and staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices in backend development
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Conversational English knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in cloud software development (Python and/or .NET)
We need you in our team if you have the following competencies:
- Communication: be able to translate business and process / architectural / mechanical engineering needs to designs and solutions
- Ability to live in a customer-focused start-up world where priorities shift based on customer feedback
- Reliability: get the work done and be there for others to do the same
- Solution-focused: the ability to work through complex problems by maintaining focus on the purpose of the task
- Confidence to take decisions in situations when there is not enough information is available
- Humility in admitting being wrong and learning from it
Location: remote work