At Heart Aerospace we develop the ES-30, a regional electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers driven by electric motors with battery derived energy. The ES-30 is expected to enter into service in 2028.
We are now looking for a Section Lead - Flight Control System Functions to join our Flight Controls team in Gothenburg. Do you have experience from aircraft flight control functions and want to contribute to a more sustainable future?
The Section Lead is a principal engineer level position, and reports to the Head of Flight Control Systems. The Section Lead has responsibility for the Flight Control System Functions team.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership of the Functions section team. As a team leader, you will assist with organizing the section.
You will also represent the section at program/technical reviews as well as customer/supplier meetings, ensuring the engineering definition meets all stakeholder requirements.
You will also ensure adherence to all engineering processes/standards, and participate in design reviews to meet certification, cost, and schedule goals.
The Flight Controls team is growing and currently consists of 9 people. Your place of work will be at our main office located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Skills & Requirements
- B.Sc or M.Sc in engineering (Aerospace/Aeronautics/Controls/Electrical/Mechanical)
- Minimum 15 years experience in aircraft flight control and auto-flight systems and control functions
- Experience with flight control system design, including aircraft control and safety monitoring functions (ATA27)
- Experience with aircraft Flight Control System certification (EASA/FAA Part 23 or 25)
- Practical experience in a test rig, iron-bird, simulator, aircraft ground and flight tests environments: Instrumentation and data acquisition; Flight Control System testing at the functional, system and aircraft level
- Practical experience leading design and development of control system algorithms, safety monitors, modelling, simulation, analysis, design, and implementation of control system functions. Linear and non-linear model development, open-loop and closed-loop system analysis for optimization, model-based requirements development using MATLAB/Simulink or equivalent tools, and validation and verification by means of test cases and results analyses
- Experience working in an aerospace start-up environment is a merit
- Working knowledge of Airborne software, control law design, and development assurance processes (RTCA DO-178 & 254)
- Knowledge of flight handling qualities, flight envelope, aircraft performance, and aircraft structural limitations
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP 4754/4761) is a merit
- A pilot’s license is a merit
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- Eagerness to work with others
- Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry
We recommend you submit your application in English as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.