Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Talheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 7 business enterprise in South Korea.
Our mission is to provide affordable and smart energy solutions through technology and innovation to create a sustainable future for the planet. We are expanding our business by offering revolutionary energy systems to residential customers including ESS, MLPE (power optimizers, micro-inverters), EV charging solutions, and Smart IoT with world-class solutions.
This position is responsible for hardware/ electrical design for renewable (PV) energy products (inverters, EV chargers, energy storage, and system communication). You are a highly capable individual contributor, who can evolve to be a team builder as we continue our accelerated growth. You are responsible for leading the review and analysis of system requirements, executing, and evaluating designs, performing circuit analysis, part selection, capturing schematics, overseeing PCB layout, estimating BOM cost, supporting the build of successful prototypes, and leading complex engineering projects through the development phases to meet the requirements. Demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute the hardware development for energy electronic products with no supervision.
- Analyze requirements and map them into an HW architecture,
- Lead the HW design throughout the product life cycle from concept to mass production.
- Electronic system architecture definition, design, and collaboration with 3rd party partners
- Perform hardware bring-up and integration of electronic circuits including controllers, power processing subsystems, communication, RF, high-speed interfaces, board power tree, and hardware/FW integration.
- Work with PCB layout engineer, antenna engineer, and mechanical engineer to implement optimized PCB layouts with compliance to EMC & manufacturing design rules.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry or university research experience in developing, testing, and troubleshooting electronics design for PCBAs.
- Strong experience in RF design including selection of RF parts such as transceivers, antennas, RF switches, connectors, termination, and design for noise.
- Strong experience in calculating, evaluating, and measuring link budget and propagation for narrowband and broadband signals, modulation schemes, and SNR estimation.
- Experience with electrical simulation tools, such as ANSYS RF, SPICE, or similar.
- Experience in designing embedded systems using high-speed SoCs, DRAM, flash, microcontrollers, PLC, CAN, Ethernet, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, cell modems, USB, and linear and switching power supplies.
- Plan and implement HW verification during product development, to ensure the electrical design meets specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data.
- Manage and release the electrical BOMs using configuration management processes and systems on an Agile system such as Arena and Jira to bug tracking.
- Support of failure analysis, investigation, and resolution of EMC issues in EMC/EMI compliance testing
- Resolving DFM feedback from contract manufacturers
- Mentoring young engineering talents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong communication skills, with good knowledge of spoken and written English.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- Master's or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on communication technologies (wireless and wireline).
- Experience in renewable product development
- Experience in location estimation using Ultra Wideband (UWB) technology
- Hands-on experience with electrical schematic and PCB layout realization tools, such as Altium, PADS, OrCAD, etc.
- Knowledgeable of the use of electrical test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and multimeters
- Strong experience in board bring-up including troubleshooting issues with electronic circuits and determining corrective actions
- Ability to analyze and optimize circuits and designs for cost
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced global automotive design and manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated the ability to transition from theoretical to implementation-based thinking
- Very strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental, and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbents must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Standing 20% of the time
- Sitting 70% of the time
- Walking 10% of the time
- Pulling up to 10 Pounds
- Pushing up to 10 Pounds
- Carrying up to 10 Pounds
- Lifting up to 10 Pounds
- Typing F
- Handling F
- Bending O
- Crouching O
- Balancing N
- Climbing N
- Crawling N
- Kneeling N
Dexterity (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Never)
Agility (F = Frequently, O = Occasionally, N = Nev-er)