This is your chance to join the rapidly growing commercial solar energy business.
Solar FlexRack is an integrated solar company that offers custom-designed, fixed tilt ground mount and single-axis solar tracking systems in the commercial and utility-scale solar mounting industries. Solar FlexRack also offers full services, including engineering, geotechnical, pullout testing, field, and layout design services to address the actual site conditions of a project site. Solar FlexRack has completed over 3.5 GW of solar racking installations in over 40 U.S. states, 9 Canadian provinces and across the globe.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to work with our customers to design and implement solar energy collection systems.
This position reports to the Project Engineering Manager, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate.This position is located in the Highland Hills, Ohio area. The position will be hybrid working 4 days in office and one day remote. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 7:00am - 4:00pm or 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed. This position may travel up to 10%. Travel is not a requirement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate communication with sales and customers to gather project input for development of project designs and proposals
- Coordinate internal communication with sales, supply chain and project management as needed to provide engineering support throughout project life cycle from bid stage to project construction
- Communicate with field service and project construction teams to help resolve product issues during construction
- Perform structural analysis and value engineering for existing products in accordance with applicable project requirements, codes and standards
- Create product bill-of-material (BOM) for use in estimating and project proposals
- Create project plans, layouts, calculation reports, permit documents as they relate to company’s engineered product offerings
- Work with product research and development team to improve existing products or create new products to meet fast-growing market needs
- Regular attendance, in accordance with the company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position.
- 4-Year Degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering preferred)
- 2+ years' experience in new product development and design, and product testing would be an asset
- PE licensure a plus
- AISC 360
- AISI S100
- ASCE 7
- RISA 3D or STAAD
- SolidWorks or AutoCAD Inventor
- PVCase- Solar PV topographic analysis and layout software
- AutoCAD/ Civil 3D
- CFS- Cold Form Steel Design Software
Ideal candidate will have general knowledge of solar industry and familiarity with following Codes and standards:
Ideal candidate will have familiarity with the following software:
- Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
- Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
- Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
- Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
- Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Qcells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Hanwha Qcells will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at .
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.