Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The O&M Assistant Manager will be responsible for ensuring peak performance coupled with full compliance of all contractual obligations for a portfolio of Utility Scale and C&I projects. This position reports to the Director of Asset Management or another senior management personnel that the Senior Vice President/President of the Company may designate. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm. This position may be expected to travel up to 25%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze best practices in industry for system operations;
- Prioritize, and resolve on timely bases all PV Fleet activities and issues that may impact the overall solar power plant performance;
- Ensure full compliance of warranty and services obligations, including contract and warranty administration, and site operations and maintenance;
- Interface with external O&M contractors and field service organization to ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner;
- Create performance reports for Asset Management;
- Work closely with outside resources to resolve long term systemic plant performance issues to resolve root cause;
- Prioritization day to day O&M departmental tasks, delegate and accomplish goals through others with strong leadership and management experience;
- Act as the point person for EPC Warranty resolution; and
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Safety trained for field work, OSHA 30 certificate
- Demonstrated expertise in power plant operations and maintenance management.
- Experience managing Solar power plants and systems with a minimum of 2 to 5 years
- Ability to read and interpret Single Line Diagrams
- Experience with SCADA, software and Ethernet networks utilized for solar power plants
- Willingness to travel, up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work outside for extended hours in elevated temperatures
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-driven to exceed internal and external customer expectations with proven leadership and management skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, and project management and organizational skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.