Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is seeking a Materials Characterization Technician to join our Characterization Team. The team provides critical data and analysis to inform and understand Membrane Electrode Assembly (MEA) performance, quality, and stability. We are seeking someone to help us improve our technology’s performance and optimize our Electrolyzer technology.
You will be reporting to a Staff Scientist on the Characterization Team and will be responsible for preparing samples, as well as maintaining an organized notebook to track, analyze, and record data of our samples. We are seeking someone with an attention to detail, and a curious mind to help record and analyze samples. Your day to day tasks will be fluid; this would be the ideal position for someone eager to learn and grow their career in a dry and wet lab space.
You will be instrumental in providing laboratory support to our team of chemists, materials scientists, and engineers on the Characterization Team as we scale the production of our carbon transformation technology.
What you will do
- Routine sample preparation for analytical testing and characterization across multiple site locations in the Berkeley area.
- Assist in running characterization instruments with a member of the Characterization Team.
- Validate and troubleshoot newly developed in-house analytical methods, such as calibration and preparing stock solutions.
- Curate and organize data files into reports.
- Help with lab support and preventative maintenance tasks around the Characterization Team labs.
- Maintain safe lab operations, including proper chemical handling and hazardous waste record keeping.
Who you are
- Minimum high school diploma or GED (General Educational Development); Associates degree in a scientific field is preferred
- Some experience working in a laboratory or safety-conscious environment (either in previous jobs or in a class setting) that focuses on safety and safe operations
- Strong attention to detail and clear communication skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Desire and curiosity to learn new things, as well as basic analytical chemistry intuition
- Ability to perform tasks between teams and lab spaces efficiently
- Ability to perform basic computer skills
- Willingness to travel to our Berkeley locations
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it's important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with State legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $30-$36 /Hour
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate's diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.