ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world’s largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6 seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2024. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate.
Working closely with the Head of Systems, you will work as a member of a Development team, with the opportunity to contribute to the design, development, validation and verification of systems. You will gain experience in a broad range of technologies and toolsets.
You will be integrated into a dynamic and fast-paced development team, overcoming challenges and producing innovation solutions. The successful candidate is self-motivated and energetic, with a strong drive to ensure successful outcomes.
Working within the Design Organisation the Lead Certification Engineer reports to the Certification Manager and is responsible for.
- Providing subject matter expert guidance to the wider design team in relation to Certification aspects
- Leading creation of Certification Demonstration Documentation in accordance with DOA Procedures
- Assisting with the creation of Flight Conditions and Permit to Fly documentation
- Interfacing with various internal and external organisations as required
- Taking an active role in Regulator liaison
- Acting as Certification Test Witness
- Acting as Compliance Verification Engineer (where independent)
- Minimum 5 years practical experience working in a CAA/EASA Part 21J or Military Design Organisation environment including carrying out Type Certification or Significant Major Modifications / Supplemental Type Certificate activities
- Aeronautical Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of Part21J and CS-23/25 Regulations
- Specialist knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Mechanical Systems
- Electrical Systems/Avionics
- Modification Integration
- Previous approval as Part 21J Compliance Verification Engineer
- Good understanding of CS-E Regulations
- Experience with certification of new and novel technologies would be highly desirable
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.