Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The HRIS Manager is responsible for the adoption and implementation of the Global HRIS systemin Workday. This role will be an instrument for standard maintenance of the HRIS such as testing and data audits that are necessary to ensure stability of the HRIS system. The Workday HRIS Manager will be the technical expert for the day-to-day operations of the Workday Platform. This position reports to the Associate Director, HRIS Technology. This position is a hybrid role and will report out if their home office and to the Irvine Office. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm or9:00am to 6:00pm. Expected travel up to 10%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Global HRIS Enterprise Solutions
- Serves as a technical point of contact for ensuring data integrity maintain, systems modifications, deployment, report writing and solving configurations.
- Act as the liaison for any global HRIS initiatives & technology solutions rollout
- Provide analytical and data analysis in development, implementation of HRIS systems
- Review, test, and assist with the implementation of Workday System; evaluate and recommend Workday enhancements, best practice and operational process that help automate and build efficiencies and eliminate manual process
- Monitor workflow and audit for accuracy, security and efficient processing
- Research, analyze and present data for troubleshooting
- Perform post implementation evaluations in support of continuous process improvement
- Provide new user training to HRIS and administrative processing for HR Users, including report writing training
- Ensures data governance is established and aligned consistently throughout HR and in the broader organization as it relates to people data
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client, company, and personnel information; partner with the HR Team to run ad hoc reports for HQ as necessary
- Stay up to date on trends and development with HRIS systems and technology, providing ideas and recommendation
- Manage external vendor relationships such as Workday consultants, technical liaison with various vendors
- Works collaboratively with Hanwha Headquarter HR teams and Qcells North America counterparts on releases/upgrades, testing, security roles, integrations, and other shared HR Platform and systems
- Develop effective, productive relationships with functional leaders and partners in HR, IT and Finance; leverage these relationships to produce superior outcomes
- Partners with other HR team leads (HR Operations, Payroll, Compliance, HCM and Talent Acquisition) to gather business and technical requirements for Workday updates, configuration and reporting to strategize for efficiencies
- Be able to proficiently operate in an 100% electronic office environment to create and work with PDF fillable forms, HR Operation Function checklists, and completes e-filing of documents as necessary
- Fosters positive, team-collaborative culture efforts and integrate our Core Values and mission into our daily work life
- Periodic special projects and duties may be assigned based on Company need and requirements
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another, with frequent interruptions or distractions and within tight deadlines
- Regular attendance, in accordance with company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned
HRIS Shared Services Team
Other Essential Duties
- Minimum 5+ years’ implementation experience with Workday (requirements gathering, design, build, go-live, testing)
- General knowledge of HR/Payroll process management using Technology solutions tools
- Relevant experience configuring and supporting HR, Payroll, TA, HCM, IT and Finance
- Demonstrated practical and strategic experience managing HCM systems and other HR technology platforms based on available resources and defining business requirement
- Strong understanding of HRIS database design, structure, function and processes
- Ability to convey information and advice on complex matters to divergent audiences with an adaptable communication style
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities; strong data analysis acumen and focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Cross functional project management experience or Project Management Professional (PMP) or HRIS-related certification (HRIP, HRCI, ERP, etc) is preferred
- Knowledge of applicable HR/legal statutes and compliance programs and requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook with advanced skills in Excel highly preferred
- Effective time management, organization and prioritization skills with the ability to focus on varied projects
- Ability to work flexible hours depending on various departmental project deadlines and/or Company events and sponsored programs (including a few late evenings and a few weekend events per year)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources Management or information technology or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Relevant years of work experience in HRIS system administration
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.