Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp (“HQC US”) develops, invests, and delivers solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) projects through Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) services in North America.
The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to deliver utility-scale power generation plants customized for local and regional energy markets. HQC US offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from the core technology of cells and modules to large-scale project development and investment. With proven capabilities across the solar and battery storage value chain, HQC US minimizes uncertainty and risk and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in renewable energy.
The Information Technology Solution Administrator will assist in managing the office IT systems and in supporting facilities maintenance. This position will support primarily: Hanwha Q CELLS USA Corp., with limited support for Hanwha Q CELLS America and Geli as needed, and will be located at the Irvine, California headquarters office. It will report to Director of Digital Innovation or another member of senior management the President of the company may designate. Working hours will be Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm, or 9:00 am-6:00 pm.
- IT 75%:
- Configure and dispatch hardware for new hires and replacement requests
- Advise and support on development and improvement of IT systems, networks, software, hardware, IT policies, and security;
- Manage the relationship with our outside IT consulting vendor and serve as a gatekeeper for all IT-related issues.
- Assist in resolution and support for issues related to IT systems, networks, software, hardware, and security;
- Create and maintain an inventory of equipment and software licenses for the companies;
- Help manage and track distribution of all IT assets to employees, providing data to Corporate Finance as needed;
- Assist staff, both local and remote, with daily operation of computer systems;
- Install computer peripherals and applications for users
- Prepare computers for first-time use by new and visiting employees
- Support development of IT and network-security practices and policies as well as employee compliance with such practices and policies
- Facilities 25%:
- Advise and support on enhancements, improvements, and maintenance of facilities;
- Manage outside vendors responsible for maintaining, enhancing, improving, and expanding the office and facilities infrastructure;
- Maintain office phones, conferencing, and AV systems and coordinate the distribution of phone sets as well as the installation of new lines;
- Manage relationship and function as a liaison to landlord (The Irvine Company); and
- Support development of facilities-related practices and policies as well as employee compliance with such practices and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in IT Support Role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Robust knowledge of and experience with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure, Entra
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365
- Mac OS experience - Installs, configures, and troubleshoots computers, software, and peripheral devices.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012-2019
The above-listed salary range is required by the California Pay Transparency Act and may differ depending on the location of those candidates hired nationwide. The salary range shared in the job description is for the listed position and only pertains to the candidate if they work in Irvine, CA. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, skill set, education, licenses and certifications, geographic location, essential job duties and requirements, and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications. An additional discretionary bonus structure or incentives may be offered as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, dental, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
· Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
· Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
· Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
· Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
· Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
· Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
· Travel: review above travel requirement for this position
· Regular professional, office business setting
· Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
· Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Q Cells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.