Dimensional Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that experience and talent are not always limited to the technical requirements of a job. If you have similar experience to the qualifications listed here, please consider applying. We strongly encourage those from marginalized and/or underrepresented identities to apply. If you need accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
Dimensional Energy, a leader in the production of sustainable fuels and other chemicals from carbon dioxide, is seeking a skilled and experienced Financial Controller to oversee the company's financial management, reporting, and accounting operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and providing strategic financial analysis and advice to senior management. The Financial Controller will work closely with other departments within the organization to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. If this sounds like you, and you are passionate about combating climate change, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, please consider joining our team.
Pay and Benefits
- The pay range for this position $80,000-$110,000
- Health, vision and dental insurance packages available.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Generous time off policy. ### Key Responsibilities
- Oversee the company's financial operations, including accounting, financial reporting, tax statements, and financial analysis.
- Develop and maintain financial policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, tax laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare and present financial statements, budgets, and forecasts to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Provide financial analysis and advice to senior management to support business decision-making.
- Monitor internal budget lines and ensure company-wide compliance with expense and spending policies.
- Ensure grant compliance and submit regular invoices for reimbursement. Assist with grant applications as needed.
- Approve invoices, ensure proper internal coding and track vendor payments.
- Prepare and approve bi weekly payroll.
- Approve and process insurance, credit application, and other requests from external vendors.
- Manage relationships with external auditors, tax advisors, and other financial service providers.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded and reported.
- Continuously evaluate and improve financial processes and systems to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Professional certification such as CPA or CMA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in financial management, accounting, or auditing preferred.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and regulations.
- Experience with financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience with accounting software, such as QuickBooks. About Dimensional Energy Dimensional Energy is based in the US and is a leader in the production of sustainable fuels. We develop proprietary technology to convert carbon dioxide into sustainable jet fuel, diesel, and other products. Our carbon utilization platform allows companies to recycle their emissions to replace the fossil carbon in their supply chain. Our technology presents a true alternative to the extraction, refinement and burning of fossil carbon, all of which must cease in the coming decades in order to leave a livable planet for those who will come after us. Dimensional Energy recognizes that traditional fossil fuel extraction has disproportionately impacted communities of color and low-income communities. We are committed to a different path and aim to partner with local communities to ensure those impacted are included in the implementation and profit structure of our solutions. We envision a world free from fossil fuel dependency. We are growing quickly, come join us.