Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
We are a remote-first company and are proud to have great people working for us all over the United States.
Summary of Role
Palmetto believes that happy customers are not just those installed quickest, but those whose systems provide the value they expect. The Field Service Technician role is focused on upholding this promise to our customers and will work with the Services team to ensure that system performance issues are resolved swiftly and professionally.
The Service Technician is a utility player who can support Service, Installation, Job Closeout, Permitting/Inspection, etc. They are the go-to person to help with ongoing Services needs throughout the 25+ year lifespan of a customer’s solar system, helping to build strong lifetime customer relationships.
This role reports directly to the Services Sr. Manager, with a dotted line to the local Regional Director or Installation Manager.
Strategic & Tactical
- Provide onsite troubleshooting and repair of solar systems
- Document visits and complete job close-out reports
- Schedule site visits directly with the customer when required
- Work with local field teams and central scheduling to optimize resolutions times
- Provide feedback to field team leadership, driving continuous improvement of Palmetto’s installation quality and execution
- Assist with close out of pre-energization issues, ensuring customer projects are expertly executed and ready to generate power from Day 1 of permission to operate
- Provide feedback to Palmetto’s Customer Experience team, working together to ensure Palmetto’s resolution of system issues provide not just satisfaction, but an experience they will brag about to their friends and family
- Complete other tasks as needed, including but not limited to physical site surveys, inspections, and document collection
- Be the key Palmetto field representative to deliver great quality, experience, and performance of all Service and Installation work
- Effectively communicate with homeowners on arrival times and confirmations on an as-needed basis
- Maintain SLAs for service worksite visits
- Perform O&M work and monitoring support
- Perform site surveys/site visits
- Perform partner and internal field training
- Perform safety and quality site audits and JCO reviews and manage/site inspections
- Perform field installations including PV, storage, MPU, or structural upgrade
- Perform damage and claims investigations
- Electrical License (only required in MA, a plus elsewhere)
- 3+ years of installing, repairing, and troubleshooting residential solar & storage systems.
- General knowledge of residential home maintenance and repair, ability to go the extra mile in remediating customer issues beyond the scope of solar system maintenance
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver’s license
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.