About CarbonCure Technologies
CarbonCure Technologies is on a mission to make concrete a climate solution, reducing embodied carbon emissions in the built environment and transforming concrete plants into a worldwide network of carbon removal factories.
CarbonCure is scaling an integrated decarbonization platform, with hundreds of systems deployed across the global concrete industry, offering concrete producers a suite of hardware, software and services to reduce the carbon footprint of their concrete products, reduce their production costs and meet the surging demand for green building materials without compromising performance. CarbonCure injects captured CO₂ across the concrete manufacturing process, with commercialized solutions for ready mix concrete, precast concrete and reclaimed water. Upon injection, the CO₂ immediately mineralizes, becoming permanently embedded in the concrete and reducing the amount of cement needed.
Carbon XPRIZE Grand Prize winner, Cleantech 100 Hall of Fame Company and a category leader in low carbon concrete technologies and carbon removal, CarbonCure delivers a true win-win, with climate benefits for the world and economic benefits for concrete producers in one of the world's hardest-to-decarbonize industries. Investors include Amazon, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Microsoft, Mitsubishi Corporation, Carbon Direct, Samsung and Blue Earth Capital.
Our team is made up of energetic, entrepreneurial individuals who are passionate about driving meaningful solutions to combat climate change. Besides being dedicated to our mission, we believe in work-life balance and active involvement in our local community. We value integrity and accountability; and our core values include trust, high performance, collaboration, straight-talk, and continued innovation. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we are here to change the world\_.
We are looking for an ESG and Legal Administrator to join our dynamic team. Primarily you will provide assistance to our corporate legal counsels and administer our ESG metrics and reporting, though you will also be engaged with a variety of other initiatives within the Administration team.
You have excellent judgment and great interpersonal skills, are highly detail-oriented, are tech savvy, learn quickly and enthusiastically, are able to balance competing demands on your time, are responsive in monitoring communications, have worked in a remote environment, are comfortable with methods of connecting and collaborating remotely, and can handle ambiguity and rapidly-shifting priorities with flexibility, patience and humour.
What you’ll be doing
- Performing legal administration and otherwise assisting our corporate counsels
- Administering all services related to ESG disclosures, sustainability programs, reporting, and research. Draft narrative content for sustainability reports, trends reports, and other communications
- Developing and maintaining tools and mechanisms to evaluate, track and report on progress against company ESG goals
- Maintaining corporate records and responding to information requests
- Participating in the preparation of documentation and supporting Board meetings
- Administering investor reporting
- Grant administration and reporting
- Administration of documentation in Salesforce
- Drafting, reviewing, coordinating and managing the timely and accurate execution of legal and corporate documents (e.g. contracts, non-disclosure agreements, employment and services agreements)
- Liaising with and supporting internal group administration functions (including Legal, HR and Finance) as well as external suppliers, professional advisors (audit and legal) and company agents.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 3+ years’ experience in non-financial reporting, legal, corporate social responsibility, ESG disciplines or sustainability and/or completion of a masters-level degree in a discipline relevant to ESG
- Experience with ESG issues and disclosures
- Detail-oriented, taking real pride to ensure nothing is missed
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to influence upwards and prioritize effectively in a dynamic changing environment
- A can-do positive attitude, proactively thinking through challenges and coming up with pragmatic workable solutions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivation, strong work ethic, and the ability to juggle an array of tasks
- Ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment
- Very high proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Google Suite (Gmail and Google Drive, Documents, Sheets and Slides), Adobe Acrobat and similar document editing and management software
- Excellent technical skills and an ability to learn and navigate new softwares, web portals and other technologies with little to no instruction
- Prior experience working with highly-distributed, global teams
- Knowledge of key reporting frameworks including GRI, SASB, CDP, and TCFD, cons
We are changing the world. We need you, please contact us.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you feel passionate about this opportunity and believe that you have the skills to excel in this role, apply! Or if this sounds like someone you know, please share this posting.
We want you to know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are committed to fostering diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.