Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
This role is critical to designing, building, and shipping our internal products into our jet fuel plants and bringing our sustainable aviation fuel to market. You will have an impact on the development of innovative processes and products to establish Twelve as a world leader in carbon transformation. As the leader of the Product Integrity Team, you will be establishing our Center of Excellence, while reporting to the Vice President of Hardware Engineering, within a fluid startup environment.
Your impact will be made by ensuring that Twelve’s internal products are well tested, safe and robust. Your leadership acumen will be leveraged to establish best practices, especially as it relates to reliability and failure analysis. This role includes working with a collaborative team while managing outside labs, as well as hiring an internal team to grow our in-house expertise. We are seeking a data-driven product integrity leader who is equipped to speak technical languages at all levels of our products and believes in Twelve’s mission.
This is a hybrid role (remote and on-site) near Alameda, California.
What you will do
- Develop processes and best practices for the core disciplines of reliability engineering and failure analysis.
- Interact, support, and drive work forward in a highly collaborative and transparent manner with technical leaders across the company at all layers of our technical stack.
- Get hands-on with the technology (especially in the beginning) and work to develop reliability test plans; work with the team to execute failure analysis and root cause analysis of technical issues within the electrolyzer.
- Establish and manage partnerships with outside labs as needed to supplement resources and conduct specialized investigations or analysis.
- Determine and establish analysis and other internal capabilities.
- Determine resourcing needs and develop hiring plans; hire, and lead a team of experts in reliability and failure analysis.
- Use statistical analysis tools such as JMP software to analyze data and present objective risk assessments to senior management.
Who you are
- You have 10+ years of experience in product integrity, ideally hands-on in failure analysis or reliability engineering.
- You have 3+ years of experience managing people; you have experience managing and contributing to budgets as well as other logistics related to managing and participating in an engineering organization.
- You have extensive hands-on knowledge of tools and techniques that make you better at your job than 99% of professionals in the industry.
- You have a background in chemical engineering or other relevant engineering/technical fields.
- You are highly organized and data-driven; you can present complex statistical analysis effectively in a way that is objective and informative to an executive level.
- You are adept at collaborating with cross-functional teams and you have strong engagement/relationship building skills.
- You have experience with process improvement methodologies which optimize efficiency and throughput.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.