This is your chance to join the rapidly growing commercial solar energy business.
Solar FlexRack is an integrated solar company that offers custom-designed, fixed tilt ground mount and single-axis solar tracking systems in the commercial and utility-scale solar mounting industries. Solar FlexRack also offers full services, including engineering, geotechnical, pullout testing, field, and layout design services to address the actual site conditions of a project site. Solar FlexRack has completed over 3.5 GW of solar racking installations in over 40 U.S. states, 9 Canadian provinces and across the globe.
We are currently seeking Design Engineers to work with our customers to design and implement solar energy collection systems.
This position reports to the Project Engineering Manager, or another management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is located in the Highland Hills, Ohio area. The position will be hybrid working 4 days in office and one day remote. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 7:00am - 4:00pm or 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm local time. Overtime and weekend working hours may be required as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support various engineering team members with 3D modeling and drafting tasks
- Assist senior engineering team members in creating customer proposals
- Create project plans, layouts, and calculation reports, as they relate to company’s engineered product offerings
- Work with the engineering team for the improvement of internal engineering systems and processes.
- Create product bill-of-material (BOM) for use in estimating and project proposals
- Communicate with field service and project construction teams to help resolve product issues during construction
- Perform structural analysis for existing products in accordance with applicable project requirements, codes and standards
- Support product research and development team on various drafting and modeling tasks for the improvement of existing products or creation of new products.
- Regular attendance, in accordance with the company's attendance policy and supervisory assignment, is an essential job duty requirement for this position.
- Associates degree, Bachelor's degree, or technical engineering degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering preferred) or a combination of education and experience.
- The Design Engineer position provides a clear career path to becoming a Project Engineer.
- RISA 3D or STAAD
- SolidWorks or AutoCAD Inventor
- PVCase- Solar PV topographic analysis and layout software
- AutoCAD/ Civil 3D
- CFS- Cold Form Steel Design Software
Ideal candidate will have familiarity with the following software:
- Stationary Position: frequently remains stationary up to 90% of the time and sitting up to 8 hours in a day
- Move/Traverse: infrequently bend, stand, stoop and/or walk
- Carry Weight: infrequently carry weight and/or lift objects (light to heavy) weighing up to 10 pounds
- Hearing and Speech: frequently communicates with the ability to hear and talk on a regular basis with employees, coworkers, and all personnel matters; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Sight: frequent use of sight to detect images on computer, office documents, and office objects near and far
- Climb: occasionally ascends/descends on stairway to get to office upper and lower floors
- Regular professional, office business setting
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Hanwha Qcells is proud to be an at-will Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this statement shall imply implicitly or explicitly a guarantee of employment outside our at-will employment opportunity.