Holy Grail developed a direct air carbon capture technology that converts atmospheric carbon dioxide into giant pyramids. We are looking for proactive candidates who are ready to take ownership and are passionate about creating a sustainable solution to removing excess CO2 from the atmosphere. The ultimate goal of Holy Grail is to contribute to the long-term sustainability of life on Earth.
To support our growth, we’re seeking an experienced CFO to manage our financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses, to bank deposits and budgets, as we deploy our first CO2 capture facility. The ideal candidate has experience leading a finance team, has previous bookkeeping experience, and is highly detail-oriented to spot and correct numerical mistakes.
This role will be located full-time in Mountain View, CA.
• 2-5 years of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Advanced spreadsheet skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills to disseminate information effectively throughout the company
• Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
• Highly detail-oriented
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
• Lead all financial matters within the company
• Audit financial documents and procedures
• Reconcile bank statements
• Calculate tax payments and perform tax returns
• Provide accurate quantitative information on our financial position, liquidity, and cash flows of our business
• Ensure compliance with all tax regulations
• Prepare invoices and pay suppliers in a timely manner
Nice to have:
• Experience with accounting software
• Experience applying for federal and non-federal grants
• Experience leading a finance team
What we offer:
You will join a team that is passionate about having an impact on climate change. We care about the optimal way to solve a problem and nurture a culture of creativity and collaboration. We care about quick iterations, minimizing assumptions, and we use emojis to label our chemicals. We work on interesting technical problems and provide support and resources to tackle them.
Impact: your contribution will directly impact our technical milestones and you will have full ownership of your projects. We don’t micromanage
No politics: we give you the resources to test all your wildest ideas in hours or days, not months. If there is a chance that something will advance our progress we will test it quickly to find the best solution as soon as possible
Ownership: not only you will own your projects you will also own part of the company
Autonomy: we welcome your independent perspective and embrace thought diversity and creative freedom
Flexibility: we encourage you to set and manage your time to achieve our shared goals and we offer a less rigid environment and company structure compared to academia and larger companies
Fun: we want to be happy at work because it’s more productive, so we cultivate an informal environment that is focused on the end goal, but celebrate all our wins along the way
• Stock options
• Paid time off
• Paid sick leave
• Health & dental insurance