Transaera, a VC-backed startup based in Greater Boston, MA, is looking to hire a Chemical Engineer with experience in the scaling and the development of coating processes. Transaera is a fast-growing startup from MIT developing affordable, efficient and sustainable air conditioning technologies. For more information about Transaera’s revolutionary approach to cooling the world, go to: [www.transaera.com](http://www.transaera.com)
As a Chemical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with scientists and engineers to develop and refine critical processes. The ideal candidate will be comfortable constantly learning, repeating, and iterating on new processes. We are looking for a candidate with a strong sense for chemical safety, organization, and attention to detail. This position offers an exciting opportunity to participate in novel development. Key responsibilities include:
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying process optimization routes, equipment upgrades and modifications
- Willingness to learn, or ability to perform and interpret data from analytical techniques such as: porisometry, XRD, UV-vis, ICP-MS, NMR, TGA, FT-IR
- Working with a vibrant team of engineers to integrate learnings across the technical development team.
- Conducting tests on various parameters including adhesion, cohesion, viscosity, pH, and conductivity.
- Using data processing software, such as Excel, to analyze data and communicate findings.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, or a related field
- 1 - 2 years of experience with a lab-based research project or product development effort post-bachelors (i.e., full time industrial position, masters research)
- experience in process development and execution
If you're comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, appreciate the upside of early-stage stock options and have an entrepreneurial spirit, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Transaera is located at Greentown Labs in Somerville, MA a startup incubator and community of cleantech entrepreneurs who are building a sustainable, clean energy future. Transaera offers a competitive salary and equity grant commensurate with an early-stage employee along with a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance.