Allume Energy is a solar technology company focused on unlocking solar access for flats. We've developed SolShare - the world’s only technology for connecting multiple flats to a single rooftop PV array.
Allume is an Australian company that launched in Europe in 2021. In the past two years, the business has seen rapid growth across the UK. Changes in government legislation that makes solar for flats highly attractive for increasing SAP / EPC rating, plus multiple, multi-billion pound funding streams for decarbonising flats has enabled rapid take-up of SolShare across our two major markets of social housing and new build developments.
Our current team of business development specialists are focused directly on social housing providers and developers, we are now looking for a seasoned BD professional to focus on the Contractors that deliver large-scale decarbonising projects, mainly across the social housing sector.
This role will involve the full scope of business development activities, from lead generation to closing sales and account management. As a B2B company, our direct customers are solar installers, however, this role will be to drive the solution to market via the contracting companies that have won muti-million pound decarbonising tenders.
This is a crucial role within the organisation and requires a self-motived, highly driven individual whose results will have a direct impact on achieving the UK’s decarbonisation goals.
Candidates located across the UK will be considered.
Base salary based of experience. Commission based bonus - unlimited.
Role & Responsibilities
- Generate sales by pushing the SolShare solution to contractors who have won large-scale decarbonisation tender winners.
- End-to-end business development activities, including, but not limited to: lead discovery and generation; qualification; strategic management; and closing.
- Understand the contractors market segment value proposition, identify key decision makers, and actively work towards becoming a trusted advisor within each new account.
- Account manage existing contractor customers to maximise the opportunity for repeat business and ensure they achieve their goals.
- Manage inbound contractor leads and enquiries, working closely with the wider team to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Maintain customer records in the company CRM system.
- Provide sales forecasts, and actively track and report on sales targets to ensure quarterly goals are being met.
- Gather customer feedback and market insights to aid commercial direction.
- Knowledge share with the wider sales team to stimulate growth, learning, and development.
- Provide input regarding marketing and product positioning strategies within Allume’s target market segments.
- Gather product market fit feedback to provide insights for technical developments.
- Develop close communication with the European General Manager to ensure commercial and technical paths are aligned.
- Act as an external advocate of the brand.
- Attend industry and strategic stakeholder events and networking opportunities as needed.
- Minimum 5+ years of direct sales or business development experience
- Track record of business development activities to large-scale contractors
- Ability to identify and convert new accounts while maintaining existing relationships
- Technical aptitude and ability to translate advanced technical product benefits to customers
- Good proficiency with CRM software
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Resilience and adaptability to work in a fast moving and rapidly growing business
- A strong desire to learn and build a career in the renewable energy industry
Nice to haves
- Bachelor's degrees or equivalent
- Understanding of solar/renewable technology
- Experience in hardware sales
- Experience working for an international organisation
- Have the courage to create, the passion to persevere, and the diligence to deliver
- Solve problems that matter
- Share the power
- Flexible working options
- ESOP options available
- 25 days minimum paid leave, excluding public holidays. Further paid leave accessible if approved by CEO
- Fast growing company, significant professional development and leadership opportunities available
More information on company strategy can be found via this 10-minute video presentation -