We’ve invested in our internal ‘People Team’ from the start and this is an amazing opportunity to join our company while it’s still in its relatively early stages and contribute to designing something from the ground up, helping how we build our long-term talent acquisition approach.
The Higher Steaks team is world-class and we want to make it even better and this means identifying and attracting the best people from around the world top talent for our company. The role will cover full-cycle recruitment responsibility over the assigned roles including both management of the active pipeline and proactive sourcing for passive candidates using a variety of methods.
Our state-of-the-art facility is in Cambridge, UK and we also have a central London office. We love working with each other just as much as we love the work we do, so we would want you to be in the Cambridge office at least part of the time, but we’ve embraced hybrid working and this position can be part remote.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take ownership of a broad range of positions, many of which are science/technical in nature
- Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies to identify and recruit top candidates for our roles, many of which are science/technical in nature
- Provide a 5-star candidate experience for all Higher Steaks applicants by communicating with them throughout the recruitment process and providing regular updates
- Screen and evaluate candidates based on their skills, experience, and qualifications
- Maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates on assigned roles and provide regular updates on their progress through the recruitment process to the Talent Acquisition Lead and wider team
- Assist with talent mapping for new roles within the business as well as the competitive landscape both domestically and globally
- Support the Talent Acquisition Lead in process improvement implementation and wider people initiatives
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments, as well as the latest scientific advancements and technologies
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all recruitment activities and decisions
What we think you need:
- Previous experience in recruitment, preferably in a scientific or technical environment
- Strong understanding of the scientific industry (biotech, pharma, etc.) its hiring needs and challenges
- Knowledge of various recruiting tools and techniques, including social media, job boards, and applicant tracking systems
- Familiarity with diversity and inclusion initiatives and their importance in the recruitment process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Clear thinking, high-quality standards, attention to detail and a strong ‘customer service’ mindset
- Exceptional communication skills, able to build rapport quickly, not afraid of asking questions and eager to learn from others
- Confidence in talking to and approaching people from a wide variety of different backgrounds and at all levels of seniority
- High levels of personal organisation and the initiative to spot better ways of doing things and the confidence to take action
- Strong stakeholder management and data analysis skills
- We’re a very diverse team and we all look out for each other at Higher Steaks - so we’ll also want you to be empathetic and open-minded
We’d love it if you also have:
- Undergraduate degree in Life Sciences, or a business-related discipline
- Good data analysis skills - the ability to use data to spot gaps or inconsistencies and identify ways to improve processes
Alongside a competitive base salary all our people get these benefits:
- Share options
- Flexible hours
- 28 days annual leave
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Cycle-to-work scheme and gym membership
- "Make your work life easier" annual stipend
- Regular team dinners and social activities
- Snacks, fruits, tea, coffee and more!
Higher Steaks recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and HigherSteaks Limited retains the discretion to modify.