Biomimicry 3.8, a certified B Corp—and the world’s leading bio-inspired consultancy offering innovation, education, and inspiration—is looking to expand our team. We call ourselves Biomimicry 3.8 (B3.8), referring to the more than 3.8 billion years of life and brilliant solutions from which humankind can learn from, actively apply to make a positive difference, and use to innovate for a better world. All positions within our organization offer a unique opportunity for mentorship and growth within the organization. Our impact is global and all members of our team interface with our worldwide community.
Biomimicry 3.8 (B3.8) is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic communicator to join its Marketing and Communications (MarComms) team. The Strategic Content Writer will support day-to-day operations in the MarComms team and help Biomimicry 3.8 promote its programs, values, and mission.
The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; have a minimum of 8 years experience working in a sustainability-focused business or public relations position; be knowledgeable in leveraging and creating engaging digital media campaigns, particularly on LinkedIn; and have a keen sense of the media and business worlds to support strategic communications of current issues and opportunistic framing of our work in the zeitgeist.
We are looking for someone who is a phenomenal communicator, loves to write, and has a superb command of the written word. This person has a keen sense of how to match our signal with the antenna of our audience, and engage them across forms: whether long-form, campaign copy, taglines, SEO, or LinkedIn posts. They have agility and dexterity in turning around pieces quickly, as well as how to strategically place this content for B3.8. Additionally, they possess technical savviness and can navigate digital platforms, such as WordPress, LinkedIn, and Mailchimp, with ease.
Hours – Full-time (1.00 FTE)
Start Date – Flexible but preferably as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing and editing
- Communications strategy
- Keeps current on sustainability and regenerative trends in business and media and maintains a bird’s eye view to assert B3.8’s presence and meet our storytelling goals (e.g. knowledge of SEO, optimize our reach, digital technical marketing know-how capacity, knowledge of sales)
- Watches for and responds in a timely fashion to media contacts engaging with B3.8
- Logging and gathering Biomimicry 3.8’s presence in the news, as well as where we should be
- Supports implementation of the MarComms Strategy
- Oversees outsourced and internal LinkedIn, newsletters, our website, and external communication opportunities
- Participate in meetings to provide input into technical requirements.
- Strong writing skills
- Expertise in SEO: able to conduct research, capture keywords, and incorporate into posts, website, or blogpost(s) – Knowledge of Google Analytics, Semrush, Clearscope, etc.
- Knowledge of sales funnel and how to write aligned content correlating to phases
- LinkedIn strategy and optimization
- 8+ years of marketing, consulting, or business experience in the Sustainability sector
- (Bonus) PR background and a desire to produce content in a way that optimizes and extends beyond our current distribution channels
The position is location agnostic, with preference given to N. American time zones, and the opportunity to relocate to the home office in Missoula, Montana. If you are a self-starter who is passionate, creative, motivated, well-organized, and ready to use your voice for good, you may be the perfect candidate for this role!
To be considered, please submit a resume, references, and a cover letter, along with the following:
Two published writing samples:
- One long-form written piece (250-1500 words) in sustainability / business
- One social media channel on LinkedIn—highlighting specific posts that you’re proud of working on—including graphics if relevant, as well as details on how it performed.
Short Answers to supplemental questions:
- What is your favorite organism? Provide three adjectives why.
- Name five strengths you possess that you believe will serve this position most.
- In a paragraph, describe why you’re passionate about biomimicry and regenerative business.
- Put yourself into the future by seven years. You come to work and there is a memo on your desk. What does it say?
Base pay commensurate with experience and qualifications, minimum starting rate of $69,250K, plus a competitive benefits package, including transparent profit sharing opportunities, health plans, a 401(k) plan with employer match, professional development budget, and a generous flextime and personal time off program.
Minimum level experience – $33.29/hour; $69,250 annualized
Higher level of experience – $38.50/hour; $80,250 annualized